As representatives of culture: writers, artists, performers, artists, scientists – we appeal to the world leaders to issue a joint call for peace.
Today, Ukraine needs peace more than ever. Accumulation of Russian military forces around the borders of the European State as well as the constant discussions that the war will start almost tomorrow – are alarming for us, as for all Ukrainians.
That is why we appeal to all world leaders to do their utmost to keep the Ukrainian State and its people at peace. Russia, in turn, is called upon to withdraw military forces. After all, your leaders say that they are for peace – so prove it. We ask the Western democracy to provide financial assistance and weapons for defense. We are convinced that living in peace is the best for you and for us.
The whole history of Ukraine has proved that we are a peaceful country that only prospers when it lives in peace with its neighbors.
Please understand when music is playing, a movie is being shown, or an artist is painting a picture – the roar of guns can't match such work. We want Ukrainians to visit peaceful theaters, go to museums, read books, and watch movies. And eventually work on your favorite job.
You can make it a reality. But action must be taken immediately.
The statement was signed by:
- Oksana Lyniv, conductor
- Yaroslav Hrytsak, historian
- Ivan Marchuk, painter, founder of new styles in art
- Kateryna Pavlenko, singer, soloist of the band «GO-A»
- Irena Karpa, writer
- Sergei Loznitsa, director
- Sahraa Karimi, director
- Wanda Adamik, producer
- Vitalii Salii, actor
- Oleg Sentsov, director
- Alexey Botvinov, pianist
- Olga Plyska-Pasichnyk, opera singer
- Vlad Troitskyi, director, producer, founder of GogolFest
- Andriy Bondarenko, opera singer
- Andriy Kurkov, writer
- Liudmyla Monastyrska, opera singer, soloist of the National Opera of Ukraine
- Alexander Tsymbalyuk, opera singer, soloist of the Metropolitan Opera
- Andriy Yurkevich, conductor, music director of the Warsaw Opera
- Myroslav Vantukh, choreographer, leader of the Pavlo Virsky National Honored Academic Dance Ensemble
- Olena Filipieva, ballerina, choreographer
- Oleg Tistol, painter
- Anatoliy Kryvolap, painter
- Victor Sydorenko, artist, director of the Ukrainian Institute of Contemporary Art
- Sergey Mikhalchuk, cinematographer, owner of the «Silver Bear» at the Berlin International Film Festival
- Ivanna Sakhno, actress
- Irma Vitovska, actress
- Marina Er Gorbach, director
- Natalka Vorozhbit, director
- Daniel Olbrichski, actor
- Natalia Pasichnyk, pianist
- Nelia Kukovalska, museologist, Director General of the Sofia Kyivska National Reserve
- Taras Wozniak, culturologist, Director General of the Borys Voznytsky Lviv National Art Gallery
- Serhiy Zhadan, writer
- Serhiy Plohiy, historian
- Andriy Zholdak, theater director
- Oleksandr Tkachenko, Minister of Culture and Information Policy
- Oleg Skrypka, singer
- Maria Efrosinina, TV presenter, public figure, Honorary Ambassador of the UN Population Fund
- Halyna Hryhorenko, Head of the State Arts and Art Education Agency
- Natalia Zhyzhchenko, singer, vocalist of the band «ONUKA»
You can join the statement: https://forms.gle/4SD7Wb2AU62wNXVA7