National Competition Program of Odesa International Film Festival 2019 has been announced
The National Competition Program includes 5 features and 10 short films
The National Competition Program of the10th Odesa Film Festival includes 5 feature debut films:
Feature film U311 «Cherkasy» directed by Tymur Yashchenko about the defense of the same name sea minesweeper, blocked by Russian troops in Donuzlav Bay in March 2014 during the annexation of the Crimea.
World premiere of the film will take place at the 10th OIFF.
First feature documentary «My Father Is My Mother's Brother» by Vadym Ilkov. The Family portrait «My father is my mother's brother» was recognized as the most innovative film of the International competition program of the Visions du Réel festival (Switzerland).
«My Thoughts Are Silent» — full-length debut of the director Antonio Lukich with the famous actress Irma Vitsovska, the winner of this year's Cinema Award «Golden Dzyga» for the best female role. Antonio Lukich's comedy film was selected for the East of the West Competition at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
«Projectionist» — feature length debut documentary directed by Yuriy Shylov.The protagonist of the picture is the projectionist Valentin, who has been working for 44 years in one of the oldest cinemas in Kiev. On the 60th anniversary of Valentine a fire happens in the cinema and a man is forced to retire. He is trying to find a new meaning for his life in the rapidly changing country. This film was selected in the Documentary competition of this year's Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
«Eastman» — feature length war drama of Andy Iva about a man whose house broke out the war.The film shows the everyday life of military who defend the East of Ukraine. Through the shape of road-movie, the director describes which what he faced personally. The main role in the film was played by well-known actor Bogdan Beniuk.
World premiere of the film will take place at the 10th Odesa International Film festival.
Also in the National program will be shown 10 short films:
- CHRISTMAS STORIES, directors: Valeria Sochyvets, Philip Sotnychenko (Ukraine, 2019)
- DESATURATED, director: Marina Stepanska (Ukraine, 2019)
- IN OUR SYNAGOGUE, director: Ivan Orlenko (Ukraine/France, 2018)
- THE CHILD, director: Daria Turetski (Ukraine/Israel, 2018)
- UNTIL IT TURNS BLACK, director: Anastasiia Falileieva (Ukraine, 2019)
- SOLITUDE, director: Yelizaveta Smith (Ukraine, 2019)
- INT. KITCHEN. NIGHT, director: Arkasha Nepytaliuk (Ukraine, 2019)
- THE ADULT, director: Zhanna Ozirna (Ukraine, 2019)
- (RE) DRESS, director: Maryna Nikolcheva (Ukraine, 2019)
- THE SECRET, THE GIRL, AND THE BOY, director: Oksana Kazmina (Ukraine, 2018)
Evaluate the work of Ukrainian filmmakers will be the National Competition Program jury, which included Nicholas Elliott (USA) New York correspondent for French film journal Cahiers du Cinéma, Member of the selection committee for the Locarno Film Festival, director and screenwriter Joanna Kos-Krauze (Poland), film director, actress, writer, artist Mania Akbari (Iran) and producer, film critic Ivanna Dyadyura (Ukraine).