The call for entries for the National Competition of the 12th Odesa International Film Festival is open from 23 January 2021 till 15 June 2021.
Feature, non-fiction and animated feature and short Ukrainian films of all genres, which production was completed in 2020 and/or 2021, are allowed to participate in the film selection process for participation in the National Competition Program. Priority will be given to films being a national premiere within the National Competition Program.
The format of competition program films are: film (35 mm) or digital (DCP).
Preview DVDs for selection to the competition programs are to be sent to the Organizing Committee address before June 15, 2021. If you have provided the link to the online preview copy of the film, you don't have to send a DVD. All participants are asked to fully comply with the terms and shipping instructions as indicated in the official invitation about the participation to the Odesa International Film Festival.
The preview copy of the the film submitted for selection should be accompanied by:
- a completed entry form
- synopsis of the film
The shipping costs of the film print to the Festival are to be covered by the participant. In case of the print damage during the festival, the expenses for its restoration or production of a new print are to be covered completely by the Festival. The Organizing Committee of the Festival totally covers all the expenses related to the shipping of the film print back. Complaints regarding the condition of the returned prints are accepted within one month upon its receipt.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The participants of the National Competition compete for the following awards:
- The director of the film-participant, who is the winner in the Grand Prix nomination according to the audience voting results, gets an award “Duke OIFF” and UAH 55,000;
- The director of the film-participant, who is the winner in the nomination “Best Ukrainian Feature Film”, gets an award “Golden Duke” and UAH 30,000;
- The director of the film-participant, who is the winner in the nomination “Best Ukrainian Short Film”, gets an award “Duke OIFF” and UAH 30,000;
- The actor or actress who is the winner in the nomination "Best Acting" gets an award “Duke OIFF” and UAH 25,000; The director of the film-participant, who is the winner in the nomination “Best Director”, gets an award “Duke OIFF” and UAH 30,000;
- Participating film directors who are winners in the FIPRESCI International Film Press Federation nominations get diplomas from the FIPRESCI International Film Press Federation, unless otherwise is decided by the organization.
*Money prize is paid according to the regulations of the Odesa IFF.