PITCHING REGULATIONS 2017
Producers and directors of feature film projects produced or co-produced with Ukraine on pre-production stage are invited to participate in the Pitching at Odessa International Film Festival.
1. Criteria for the selection of the project:
In order to be selected in the Pitching session at the Odessa International Film Festival, the project should meet the following criteria:
- The film should be full-length narrative (longer than 60 minutes) and full-length documentaries (longer than 60 minutes);
- The first draft of the script is to be completed;
- The project should have a producer and a director on board;
- The project should be produced in Ukraine or in co-production with Ukraine;
- The project should have at least 30% of the confirmed funding.
2. Requirements to the documents:
- Completed application form;
- Script, synopsis (maximum 10 pages) and treatment of the project;
- Director's Vision (1 page);
- Budget and Financial Plan;
- The list of the documents to be additionally provided will be sent to Finalists participating in the Pitching session.
3. Important dates:
The application deadline is May 31, 2017.
Selection Committee reviews applications received during the period of June 1-18, 2017.
Finalists participating in the Pitching session will be announced on June 26, 2017.
Pitching session at the Odessa International Film Festival will be held as a part of the Film Industry Office section. The date will be announced further.
4. Printed materials:
Information about the creators and the projects presented at the Picthing will be published in the Film Industry catalog and online on oiff.com.ua.
5. Rules of the presentation:
Presentation of the project at the Odessa International Film Festival could be held in any form and should last no more than 5 minutes. Any number of representatives of the project could participate in the presentation, but the presence of the producer or the director of the project is required.
The presentation could include video and/or audio fragments.
Video and audio materials, participating in the presentation of the project, must be submitted to the festival service before July 4, 2017. The organizing committee is willing to provide tech assistance for the presentations in case all the materials are delivered in time.
The organizing committee forms the international commission of experts including producers, investors, and festival selectors. After the presentation participants should answer the questions of the experts. Additionally, the Pitching audience (film industry representatives and journalists) may also ask the participants questions. The total duration of the presentation of each project is limited by 10 minutes.
6. Accommodation in Odessa:
The organizing committee of the festival covers the accommodation during three nights in a double-room (*** hotel in Odessa) for 2 participants from each selected project. If more than 2 people present the project, their accommodation is to be covered by themselves.
7. The winners:
The Jury of the Picthing determines the winner.
The winning project gets the Prize of UAH 60 000 from the festival partner - UDP investment and development company. The sum of financial reward is paid in 3-months period after the winners are publicly announced. According to Ukrainian legislation, the income tax is to be detracted from the payment sum. Winner puts in credit of his future movie information that this project took part in Pitching at OIFF and became the winner.
The awarding ceremony for best project will be held on July 21, 2017.
8. By applying the project in the Pitching at Odessa International Film Festival, one agrees and accepts the terms and conditions described in each of the paragraphs of these regulations.